World's Easiest Clam Chowder Recipe
Dickie's Chowder ...
I remember the day I met Dickie and tasted his amazing Clam Chowder Recipe! I was at a military retirement party for a friend of mine and everyone
brought something to share. I wouldn't consider myself a Clam Chowder connoisseur in any light but when I tasted this one it was like heaven! Incredibly
creamy & chunky, full of amazing flavor, & scrumptious - I had to have the recipe!
I asked Dickie for the recipe and still have his shaky hand-written recipe on yellowed paper. It is our favorite main dish recipes for those cold, dark
winter days. This Chowder Recipe is not heart-healthy and is certainly not low-calorie. But if you're looking for a hearty, tasty Chowder Recipe - this is it!
Dickie's World's Easiest Clam Chowder Recipe
By ExperienceKetchikan.com, Feb 8, 2011
1 large can (10-12oz) Minced Clams
1/3 pound Bacon
1 medium Onion, diced
2 pounds Red Potatoes, diced into 1/2" cubes
1 quart Half & Half
Salt, Pepper, & Paprika to taste - not much!
- Place Clams & juice from the can into a large pot & simmer.
- Cook bacon till somewhat brown - not crisp - and let cool. While cooking the bacon, dice the onions & potatoes.
- When the bacon is finished, crumble it into the simmering clams.
- Using the bacon grease, sautee the onions until limp.
- Add the onions & salt, pepper, & paprika to the simmering clams & bacon.
- Add the potatoes and half & half and bring to a rolling boil for 20-30 minutes until potatoes are soft.
- When it's ready to serve, I like to take a potato masher and mash the soup a couple times, just to smash any larger chunks of potato. :-)
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
More Ketchikan Information...
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
Top of Page
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment below.